CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Today's Affirmations and "Stuff"

1. My confidence is skyrocketing!
2. I'm shrinking in all the places I want to be shrinking!
3. Water isn't soooo bad.
4. I'm feeling more "girly"!
5. Walking is great for my body!
6. I can hardly wait to see what my body looks like at the end of the 30 day challenge!


I've basically been letting myself go since I was in High School, but I was always trying to get the weight off I just always lost interest and stopped when I didn't see enough of a change fast enough. I was able to maintain a weight of around 163 pounds (give or take a few pounds) for several YEARS (I kid you not), but things really came to a head when I got hurt at work this past December and just was not able to do very many things because of my injury. I sustained a ligamental sprain and tore some ligaments in my left hand (I'm left handed) and was rendered basically usless for over a month. But because I was hurt at work my boss' had to find something for me to do so pretty much I spent a month doing basically nothing in a corner by myself. On a trip to my regular Dr. when they told me to step on the scale I weighed in at a total of 178 pounds. I remember myself saying out loud "That's depressing." It got worse when the nurse took my blood pressure and she proceeded to tell me that it was "just a tad high for someone your age." I pretty much sunk into yet another one of my emotional eating binges and pretty much stayed in that rut until my mom suggested that we add a second dog to our family (our first dog is 19 and pretty much all she did was sleep after we added Laci we pretty much got our dog back) and that I would have to take the dogs for at LEAST a 4 block walk on a daily basis to get them the exercise they need. Now we have Laci, I'm a much happier me and I'm back down to 164 pounds and I'm now in a size 9/10 or 7/8 pair of jeans depending upon brand.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I commend you for at least getting started. I'm in the same boat, albeit a bit older and male. I see the blogging as a certain accountability. Glad to find others of a like mind. Keep at it!

Anonymous said...

Hey! How's my incredible shrinking Jamie!??